Great news! Our contest deadline has been extended to Monday, October 8, 2018. We look forward to seeing your entries.
School is back in session and, this fall, your kids won't be the only ones putting their creative talents and imagination to use! Blue Dove is proud to announce our first-ever Design a Dress contest! That's right, you heard it here it first. This is your chance to dream big and have the opportunity to see your special design on a future Blue Dove release.
We know we have some extraordinarily talented fans and customers in our nest and we can't wait to see what you come up with! Fabrics, colors, texture, design...there's so many fun decisions for you to make. To those of you who may not think you're "talented" or "creative" enough for the contest, we hope you reconsider and try anyway! Abandon any doubts you may have and remember these wise words from author, Elizabeth Gilbert: "If you're alive, you're a creative person." :)
A glimpse of the original sketch for 'Peace on Earth,' Photo: Emily Franke
Lovely details of 'Forget Me Not,' Photo: Emily Franke
For more details, please see the official contest rules below. Should you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy designing and good luck!
Blue Dove Design a Dress Contest Rules:
- No purchase is necessary to enter this contest, and making a purchase will not enhance your chances of winning. This contest is void where prohibited.
- The contest begins on Monday, September 10, 2018 and ends on Monday, September 24, 2018.
- Designs MUST stay true to the Blue Dove line by carrying over a previous silhouette style or design element.
- Designs MUST be original and CANNOT be a copy of something previously released by Blue Dove or any other company. By submitting, you claim that the design is your own original work, is not and has not been offered for sale anywhere by any means, and does not contain any trademarks, logos, copyrighted material, content subject to right of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property belonging to any third party.
- Designs can put a new spin on a previous Blue Dove release.
- Designs can be holiday or seasonal (Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter).
- ONE (1) winning design will be released within the next calendar year.
- Designs can be for a single piece or a collection of pieces.
- Designers can work individually or part of a team.
- Submissions must include the following to be considered: Written description including but not limited to colors, fabric choices, smocking/embroidery/other elements and drawn picture of piece/pieces. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- Designs must be emailed to email@example.com by 10 pm EST on Monday, September 24, 2018 to be considered.
- WINNER SELECTION: All entries will be judged by a panel of judges comprised of members of the administrative team of Blue Dove Love and judgment will be based on the following criteria: a.) originality (25%), b.) execution (25%), and c.) overall style as related to the Blue Dove brand (50%). In the event of a tie, an additional judge will be added to the panel. Decisions of the judges shall be final in all matters related to this Contest, are considered binding, and may not be disputed in any manner. Odds of winning will depend on the number of submissions.
- Blue Dove reserves the right to make design modifications for production purposes.
- Winner gives Blue Dove full rights to produce and sell their design and in exchange receives one (1) piece in the size of their choice. Prize is not transferable to any other party. WINNER VALIDATION: The Winner will be notified by e-mail and is required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) that must be returned via email within four (4) days of the date and time of notification or prize will be forfeited and a runner-up will be determined. You are not a certified winner until your eligibility is verified and you receive official notification from the judging organization.
- OWNERSHIP: Blue Dove and Blue Dove Love have EXCLUSIVE rights to reproduce and use all submissions. Entries become the property of Blue Dove and none will be returned or acknowledged except as provided herein. Submission of an entry grants Sponsors and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license and right to publish, use, edit, adapt, modify and/or publicly perform the entry in any way, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, without limitation and without notice or consideration of the contestant. By submitting an entry, each contestant in the Contest further agrees that his/her entry constitutes an assignment of all rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, and title in and to such entry and the design therein to Sponsor. Sponsor may require contestants to execute documents to confirm this transfer of rights. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. Upon submission you agree to forfeit any ownership and are prohibited from the independent reproduction or sale of any images or product. By virtue of a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license for the designs granted by all finalists chosen prior to the voting process, Blue Dove shall have the right to edit, adapt, prototype and publish any or all of the designs, and may use them in any media and/or the promotion of Blue Dove without compensation to the contestant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity. Blue Dove maintains the rights to receive all proceeds from the sale of any merchandise using the submitted design, without fee or other form of compensation due at any time to the contestant. Designs will be credited to the artist on Blue Dove website and in all promotions relevant to that product. In the event that ownership of any design submitted is challenged in any manner by any person, Blue Dove may disqualify that design and will discontinue use.
- This contest is sponsored by the Administrative team at Blue Dove Love. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook.
GENERAL TERMS: By participating in the Contest, contestants warrant and represent that none of the material submitted or posted infringes upon or otherwise violates the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual or proprietary rights of any person or entity and that they have fully complied with the Official Rules. Prize acceptance constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s name, likeness and entry (in whole or in part) for publicity purposes in all forms of media including the worldwide Internet without additional compensation, notification or permission. CONTESTANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES AND TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSORS, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, JUDGES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, OR THE DOWNLOADING, ACCESSING OR SUBMISSION OF ENTRY MATERIALS. By participating in the Contest, contestants agree that Sponsors shall have the right to use all personal information provided to Sponsors. Participants, by participating in this Contest, hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless the Sponsors, Blue Dove, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause of thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize in the Contest, or their participation in the Contest, or their participation in any Contest or prize related activity, or any travel related to the Contest, or any travel for any prize related activity. Sponsors and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegible entries or Internet technical, hardware, software, telephone, or transmission failures of any kind, which may limit a person’s ability to enter the Contest. Sponsors and its agents are not responsible for any injury or damage to contestants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsors reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest on the Internet should a computer virus, unauthorized intervention or other cause corrupt the integrity or proper conduct of the promotion. Sponsors reserves the right to disqualify any contestant found to be disrupting the operation of the Contest. If the integrity of the Internet portion of the Contest is compromised in any manner, Sponsors reserves the right to modify Contest and judge winners from valid entries received that are unaffected by the problem. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any online contestant, contestant will be deemed the individual named on the online entry form.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Blue Dove is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. Blue Dove assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost submissions, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Blue Dove is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web-site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Blue Dove which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then Blue Dove reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.